My focus has been a little … scattered in recent months. But one thing that has helped me concentrate is ambiance rooms! These videos are usually a scene or several scenes that run for hours. You can keep them on the in background — some have music, and some are just accompanied by light sounds from the visuals around the site, but all of them are calming.
Whether you are trying to sit down and read or work or just sit with your thoughts for a few minutes, we’ve collected some of our favorite rooms for to you to relax in!
- My personal favorite place to virtually visit? The Shire. Just the thought of visiting Bilbo in his little house under the hill and having a cup of tea makes me sigh with relief.
- Even though we can’t go work in a coffee shop in person right now, you can recreate a similar vibe with some light jazz and the pitter patter of rain.
- Want to take a quick trip to Scotland with Jamie Fraser (who doesn’t)? Check out this video with babbling brooks and Outlander music!
- If someone asked me my ideal writing situation, I would simply show them this vibrant desk set up in front of gently falling autumn leaves with the sound of wind chimes in the background.
- And if I could read anywhere, I’d choose to settle in among these magnificent stacks with a thunderstorm pounding at the windows.
- Or perhaps I’ll take a quick jaunt through the wardrobe to visit the peaceful winter woods of Narnia under a blanket of snow.
- If being indoors in winter is more of your thing, settle in by the fireplace and let the crackling wood and flickering candles relax you.
- Need some alone time? Try this scene of nighttime in the mountains under the stars with the chirps of crickets and no one else around for miles.
- Or if a tropical getaway is what you’re looking for, escape to this bookstore on an island — the quiet background noises are so soothing.
- And, of course, there’s the classic sound of waves crashing on the shore under palm trees that is sure to bring you peace.
Ellen Whitfield is senior publicist at Books Forward, an author publicity and book marketing firm committed to promoting voices from a diverse variety of communities. From book reviews and author events, to social media and digital marketing, we help authors find success and connect with readers.