1. What’s your favorite area of your bookstore?
I have a small store… each section of the store has a personality of me and my customers.
2. What’s the coolest book cover that you like to have facing out on the shelves?
Most Urban Novels / Romance books tend to have the best covers.
3. If you had a staff pick for a recent new release, what would it be?
Just Pursuit: A Black Prosecutor’s Fight for Fairness by Laura Coates (January 18, 2022)
4. What are some misconceptions people have about working in a bookstore?
A misconception people might have about working in a bookstore is that it is boring and mundane, which I believe is the total opposite.
5. What is your favorite part about working in a bookstore?
My favorite part about working in a bookstore is supporting independent authors (hosting events for independent authors).
6. Can you recommend one of the store’s top titles?
Any of Nic Stone’s books are top titles.
A former award-winning journalist with national exposure, Marissa now oversees the day-to-day operation of the Books Forward author branding and book marketing firm, along with our indie publishing support sister company Books Fluent.
Born and bred in Louisiana, currently living in New Orleans, she has lived and developed a strong base for our company and authors in Chicago and Nashville. Her journalism work has appeared in USA Today, National Geographic and other major publications. She is now interviewed by media on best practices for book marketing.