With libraries and many bookstores closing physical locations for quarantine and Amazon suspending nonessential shipments, book lovers who prefer physical copies are faced with a dilemma: How will you get your hands on your next great read? We understand not everyone is familiar with how to access ebooks and audiobooks, and figuring this out can be daunting if you’re self-isolating due to COVID-19.
Books Forward has organized a free helpline to connect readers with the books they need. Call us at (615) 212-8549 between 9 a.m and 5 p.m. CT, or browse our resources below.
We can help you:
1. Learn how to download ebooks and audiobooks
Read our helpful guide, and call us if you have any questions. We can walk you step-by-step through the process of downloading digital and audiobooks so you can easily begin reading or listening to a new book at the touch of a button.
2. Troubleshoot downloads to your preferred e-reader, iPad, computer or phone
Providers offer online help desks to assist you through common issues you may run into:
And call us if you still need help figuring out the best way to download reading material, regardless of your reading device.
3. Offer reading recommendations to help you find a new book you’ll love
Need something new to read and not sure where to start? You can join our #BooksForward Reading Challenge, where we are reading, sharing and discussing one new book each week (a great way to feel more connected right now!). And check out our curated reading list, where we’ve compiled some of our favorite books that are particularly helpful and relevant for readers who are stuck at home during this time. Or call us! We have tons of great recommendations for you based on your reading preferences!
4. Discover how to support indie bookstores and libraries from home
You may be able to pick up a physical book curbside at your local bookstore or library. But you can still engage with and support your favorite independent bookstore and local library, even when their doors are closed. We’ll teach you how to order ebooks from bookstores and use your library’s app to download books.
Ready to get reading? Call our Books Forward helpline at (615) 212-8549 if you have any additional questions, and let us help you get connected to your next great book without leaving home!
Also check out these resources and articles from our family of authors and experts in response to coronavirus:
- Forbes: “The Psychology Of Uncertainty: How To Cope With COVID-19 Anxiety” — Bryan Robinson, author of #CHILL: Turn Off Your Job and Turn On Your Life and more than 40 other nonfiction books and novels
- Vox: “Coronavirus: The evolution of hand-washing, explained by a historian” — Peter Ward, author of The Clean Body: A Modern History
- Lit Happens, the Books Forward Blog: “‘Indoorsman’ expert meets quarantine with inspirational humor” — John Driver, author of The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman: Life is Better in Here
- Huffington Post: “I’m 8.5 Months Pregnant During The Coronavirus Pandemic, And It’s Scary” — Christine Meade, author of The Way You Burn
- Lit Happens, the Books Forward Blog: “Working From Home New to You? 7 Career Writers Show How to Do it Best.”
- To come: How your book club can go virtual and still connect with authors around the globe
May you have happy and healthy reading.